Friday, February 6, 2009

A Pure Leader...To Be Or Not To Be?


I have been reading a book and there is a chapter about what it takes to be a true and pure leader. Reading this book has got me thinking about who is a pure leader? I feel that we are living in a world that lacks true leadership, especially the leadership that represents our country.
In Sheri Dew's book entitled "No One Can Take Your Place," she says: "It is easy to spot Pure Leaders, because they help those who follow them do more and see more and become more than they could ever do or see or become on their own."
In essence we are all leaders or can become leaders. But I want to know...Are our national leaders pure leaders?

These are characteristics that Sheri Dew believe are Pure Leaders:

A Pure Leader is Humble
A Pure Leader is Fiercely Devoted to a Righteous Cause
A Pure Leader Has Faith in God
A Pure Leader is Willing to Work
A Pure Leader is Optimistic
A Pure Leader Believes and Cares about People
A Pure Leader Communicates
A Pure Leader Has a Vision
A Pure Leader Has The Courage To Stand Alone

What do you think? Are these definitions of a Pure Leader correct? What is your definition of a True Leader? How does Pres. Bush and Pres. Obama add up? Who do you think is a great example of a True and Pure Leader?
To Be Continued....I want to hear what you think and than I will give my insight on these questions.

1 comment:

  1. This is a tough one. I think Bush started out with most of the characteristics of a pure Leader, but he got tired at the end and lacked the desire. I don't think Obama has many Characteristics of a pure leader but he may become more passionate about them. This is strictly my opinion but I felt more that becoming president for Obama was to make history and be the first black president and now he will focus on being the president. Anyway I hope that he can be a good president and succeed for all of our sakes.

    ReplyDelete