Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hallalujah...The writer's strike is over

OK, I know that the writer's strike ended last year but we as viewer's got gypped on a full season of TV. There was some positives to the writer's strike. I got more done because I didn't watch as much TV. It is sad that TV is such a central part of our culture.

But I want to know is... what happened to starting the TV season in September? Very few of the TV series started their season's in September. So frustrating.

Well, most of the popular TV series started their seasons' this last week. My favorites like "24", Scrubs and the Bachelor. And my all time favorite TV show, Lost starts Jan. 21.

What did everyone else think of the new season's premiere's? What is your favorite shows?

The Bachelor- I'll admit, I like the bachelor but I am not an obsessed fan. I have only seen a few season's. But this new Bachelor does not disappoint. There are still crazed, obsessed, jealous psycho women that cat fight for the bachelor's attention.

American Idol- I will occasionally watch this show, but frankly this is the most annoying reality show on earth. Have you notice they focus more on the bad singers than the good ones? I can't believe they let the bikini girl through to Hollywood. Simon and Randy are pigs! I love the new judge.

The Real World- Brooklyn- I really hate this show, but I heard that there was a Mormon casted this season and I was curious on how he was going to represent. All I have to say is: Do MTV exec. purposely cast weird Mormons to make us look bad? Chet the newest housemate is from SLC and is a 23 year old Mormon. I am assuming he did not go on a mission considering some of his outfits of choice. What guy wears purple cut-off hoodies with a scarf and really tight pants. Sadly all the other cast mated thought he was the gay one. No...Chet is just a metro sexual virgin. At least, so far Chet has abstained from some temptations and is open about his moral convictions.

Let me know what you think about the newest season of TV shows.

3 comments:

  1. I am so annoyed with tv. They don't start the shows until the last week of September, or even half way through October and end in early December! Then we have to wait weeks and weeks for it to start up again! They need to stop paying their "stars" so much and put the money towards actually putting on the show!

    I have recorded The Bachelor & American Idol but I haven't watched any of them yet. I only like AI in the beginning when they show the try outs but that is quickly getting so boring. And I can't stand when they put HORRIBLE singers through to the next levels! We all know that it is for the show, not because they are actually talented!

    I personally think that Chet is gay but is struggling with it. I think that if he wasn't raised in the church he would come out. Heck, he probably will come out! And I agree about his clothes! Yikes! Ugly all the way around! I HATE skinny jeans soooo much!

    I'm just glad that they are starting up the shows again! Hopefully they will have new episodes every week until May! I am still waiting for The Office to come back on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on and off with the bachelor/Bachelorette, too, depending on who it is. Some have been so dumb I can't stand to watch. I like Jason and I really hope something works out for him, even though the concept for the show- date lots of girls who live together at once, is so wrong. What really bugs are the girls who want a kiss just so they can tell all the others the kissed. ahhh!
    We love, love, love Lost.
    Scrubs premier was a little weird- all emotional with the guy dying.
    AI- How is it that we're on season 8 and there are still people who insist that they can sing, but can't, and are on national tv making fools of themselves. Their friends and family need to let them in on their lack of talent to save some embarrassment. I do think it's wrong that those awful people are put through the preliminary audition, that's not televised, just to be exploited. But it's tv and that's what they do. I couldn't stand bikini girl. She wasn't even pretty. I liked Kara for getting into that spat with her. We're watching for Jason Castro's little bro because he auditioned this season.
    I don't watch real world, but we saw a few minutes with Chet and the whole gay/singing with another guy on the Soup. What tv show isn't out to get Mormons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely hate all reality shows! I don't know why... but I love the crime shows... especially CSI: Miami and NCIS... so I guess I am a little boring!

    ReplyDelete